Serendipity Blackmagic / Megarip / Veripress version 7.0+ now utilise a driverless dongle to run the software and provide users with access to licenses, input and output drivers, and features.
Existing users can continue to use existing Sentinel SuperPro dongles to run version 7.0+
Dongle Activation / Update
All new Serendipity products ship with an individually encoded USB dongle. The dongle requires activation using a unique encrypted code sent by email from Serendipity Software directly, or via your dealer on purchase of the software.
The activation code enables the software licenses, input and output drivers, and features available to your Serendipity product. The code is referred to as an Update String by the Dongle Updater in the software, or as a Dongle Reprogram String in the email.
Any new drivers or features (purchased separately), or subsequent software version upgrades also require a code to be entered as detailed below.
To Update a Serendipity Dongle
- Plug the dongle into a USB port on the computer on which Blackmagic/Megarip/Veripress is installed.
- Select the Server > Menu > Update Dongle option. This will stop the Server running and open the Dongle Updater application window
- Copy and paste the entire update code (including the Begin and End lines) into Enter update string field. The code can also be imported directly from a text file using the Load from File button. Note incomplete or partial codes are not accepted by the updater.
- A correctly copied code will enable the Update Dongle button. Click it.
- A confirmation message will pop up after the dongle has been successfully updated.
- Quit and restart the Blackmagic/Megarip/Veripress Server.
The dongle is now activated/updated, licensed features and drivers will now be available for use.
Note – Driverless USB dongles utilise two-part authentication. As such, when installing your Serendipity Software package on another computer and relocating the dongle, the activation/update code must be applied again on the new machine.