The crash can occur when upgrading from older (pre 8.1) software versions, and is caused by the Apple macOS installer not properly cleaning up redundant library files from the previous Serendipity installation.
To prevent your software from crashing:
- Open a mac OS Finder window
- Navigate to the one of the following folders according to your installation
- /Applications/Serendipity/Serendpity Blackmagic/lib/qt-plugins/bearer/
- /Applications/Serendipity/Serendpity Megarip/lib/qt-plugins/bearer/
- Delete the libqcorewlanbearer.dylib file
Restart your product Server and Client. The software should now function normally.