Users attempting update an existing stand-alone Serendipity Client (or Serendipity C5 Client) on Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra will find the Check for Updates option is missing from Client > Help menu.
Previously, the stand-alone Serendipity Client has been an unsigned application.
The Sierra OS now runs any unsigned applications from a quarantine folder, this results in the stand-alone Serendipity Client being unable to access our Update server.
To install the Client:
- Open/mount the signed serendipity_client_7_0_01_macosx.dmg or c5_client_7_0_01_macosx.dmg
- Copy the Client folder from the disk image to your chosen location.
- The first time the Client is run from the folder, the operating system will verify it.
- When the Client opens and connects to your networked Serendipity Blackmagic / Megarip / Veripress Server, the Check for Updates option will now be available in the Client > Help menu.
- Update the Client. When the Update is complete, the Client will be ready for use.