Size Correction may be used when dimensions of printed jobs do not precisely match the dimensions of submitted files. It is used to compensate for media/paper stretch or printer feed by increasing or decreasing the width and/or height of jobs submitted via a Job Ticket.
For example, a job file submitted with known dimensions (displayed in the QueueManager) of 500mm width x 500mm height when printed measures 500mm width x 503mm height.
Size Correction is located in the Centre & Size Correction tab of the Job Ticket.
To Set Size Correction:
- Create, submit and print a simple job with predetermined dimensions, e.g., a square of 500mm x 500mm.
- Allow the printed job to stabilise for a few minutes the precisely measure and take note of the width and height of the job.
- Select the Job Ticket that requires size correction in the Workbench application of the Client and navigate to the Centre & Size Correction tab.
- Tick the Enable Size Correction option. Size Correction values are expressed as factors (multipliers). The default values are set to 1.0000, meaning job dimensions are multiplied by 1, leaving their size unchanged. To determine the width and/or height factor enter: correct (desired) value ÷ measured value = correction factor (e.g., if the submitted job should have a height of 500mm and the measured height of the printed job is 503mm, then 500 ÷ 503 = 0.9940. Enter a height factor of 0.9940).
- Enter the Size Correction values for width and/or height.
- Save the Job Ticket.
Note: The larger the size of the printed sample job the more precise the calculated size correction factor will be. Once size correction is set, submitted jobs show width and height values multiplied by correction factors in the QueueManager but will print at the correct size.